c l i e n t :
"DOOMED MOVIE LOVERS, RESCUED"
"THE ENGLISH PATIENT"
1. LS of Ralphe Fiennes look-alike in torn clothing, struggling alone through noontime desert dunes.
2. CU of Ralphe's exhausted, dusty face, fading into double-exposure CU of murmuring woman's lips silently saying "I love you."
3. "Ralphe" walks into the desert cave;
4. "Katherine" lies there, weakly reaching out to him, beautiful but barely alive; he gathers
her in his arms, kisses her.
5. She opens her eyes wide, focuses on him; a look of disgust crosses her face.
6. CU of Ralphe's face with chapped lips, jaw
dropping in shock, looking directly at audience.
7. CU of male hand pulling PRODUCT from dusty backpack.
8. MS of Raphe and Katherine sitting on back of a camel, dressed in romantic Arab robes, kissing passionately.
9. Camera pulls back; we see MS, then CU of Peter O'Toole look-alike in "Lawrence of Arabia" robes, leading their camel, holding up PRODUCT. ##
1. ANNCR VO:
"All that kept him going was the thought of her lips on his..."
SFX: wind, dramatic Lawrence-of-Arabia type music
2. VO: "...the warm, soft lips that had inflamed his heart like the desert sun..."
4. RAFE: "Katherine...thank God...!"
5. Katherine: "Eew! Iguana lips!"
7. ANNCR VO: "When dry, chapped lips need Sahara-strength relief...count on BLISTEX Balm and Ointment."
8. Music soars; similar to "Tara's Theme" from "Gone with the Wind"
9. Peter O'Toole look-alike:
"BLISTEX...to the rescue!"
"DOOMED MOVIE LOVERS, RESCUED" Campaign
1. Stock footage LS of dark, icy sea, Titanic-like ship going down.
2. Camera zooms in to Leonardo di Caprio look-alike struggling in water, chattering teeth and shivering lips;
3. CU of Leo swimming, pushing aside flotsam, including the blue diamond "Coeur de la Mer (Heart of the Sea)" necklace which gets caught on his face--he unthinkingly flings it aside.
4. CU of Leo him reaching Rose (Kate Winslet look-alike), clinging half-dead to her raft of broken wood. He begins to kiss her, then pulls back, shocked.
5. Rose looks at Leo, confused, barely able to speak:
6. Leo looks at her, sheepish but disgusted.
7. CU of her face, blue-ish lips, jaw dropping in outrage, perhaps facing camera directly.
8. PRODUCT SHOT, perhaps in toy lifeboat.
9. CU of wet, bedraggled Rose and Leonardo kissing passionately in small boat, dawn breaking.
10. Camera pulls back on couple in modern motorboat; we see the pilot is Love Boat ex-captain Gavin MacLeod, who smiles and holds up PRODUCT; pull back to LS they roar off into sunrise
1. Screams, bells, waves, appropriate SFX
"Rose! Hang on! I'm coming for you!"
5. ROSE: "Darling--what's wrong?"
6. LEO: "Your lips--they're so chapped!"
8. ANNCR VO: "Whether you're swimming in the Caribbean or the North Atlantic...nothing protects your lips better than BLISTEX Balm and Ointment!"
10. Gavin MacLeod look-alike:
"BLISTEX...to the rescue!"
Other doomed lovers could include:
- Kathy and Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights (that windy heath is murder on lips);
- Jenny and Oliver in the hospital, Love Story ("BLISTEX means never having to say you're sorry.");
- Dr. Yuri and Lara in Dr. Zhivago, as he gets off the bus and finds her at last. In the final shot, they're lounging in the ice-covered summer house together, toasting each other with raised glasses.
Product: Blistex Lip Balm
:15 or :30 TV spots
VIDEO: CU, camera zooming in (or out) on the following images, each shot lasting one second or less:
mother kissing skinned knee
baby or toddler puckering up
Maurice Chevalier's lips speaking/singing French
tongue running over sexy red-lipsticked lips
CU PRODUCT SHOT: Ointment, perhaps being kissed in profile by a woman or child's lips
little kid kissing puppy on lips in profile
old-maiden-aunt lips "frowning" or turning down
black woman's mouth laughing/sipping from straw
boxers, one getting hit near mouth in slo-mo B+W
CU PRODUCT SHOT: Balm, as above
stock footage of astronaut under G-force, with
lips folded back
punk teenager with green lipstick and nose ring
and/or tattoo on face
thin, pale, compressed "accountant" lips
FDR with cigarette holder, or Winston Churchill's lips
PRODUCT SHOT: etc. as above
man with snorkel or scuba gear in mouth, bubbles
rising around face
chimpanzee's lips, grinning
bouquet of tulips
man and woman kissing in profile--perhaps from
some classic B+W film
Young mom and dad holding toddler between them, each kissing one of child's cheeks as kid giggles
PRODUCT SHOT as above
Optional finale: 1950s singer Dinah Shore throwing her trademark "Mmmwah!" kiss.
AUDIO: bouncy music throughout;
perhaps ragtime rendition of "Tiptoe Through the Tulips"
"No matter what kind of lips you have...BLISTEX Lip Balm and Ointment have the special emollients and sun protection that keep lips soft ...smooth...and ready for whatever life may bring."
CHILD giggling in parents' arms:
"BLISTEX lips are happy lips!" ###